Graham Clarke’s latest report….
It was a useful day at Barrow Hill yesterday.
Ray and Geoff steam cleaned and painted the roof of our mess cabin with special paint.
Pete carried on with 15’s cab lighting rewiring.
Steve our fabricator carried on with fitting jacket pocket doors, but had a few problems with countersunk rivets. It might be screws and locknuts now.
I made a cutting jig for 40mm flexible conduit. I managed to make a prototype for one of the conduits from the underside of nose floor to no.6 traction motor connection box. I’m going to need help to fit, due to the weight and stiffness of the cable. No amount of swearing helped, although I did manage to connect one of the adaptors, but not the one I wanted. Hopefully, I’ll be in full production next week. I also now have the right solder for the cable ends.
Thank you to everyone for their help and your interest in what’s happening in the DPS Deltic Depot.