Volunteer’s View -September 1st & 8th 2018

Graham Clarke writes:

A joint update for the last two Saturdays. The steps were completed to the upper cabin by Ray and Dave.

Nat, Beth and Nigel continued with the restoration of 55008’s cab. It’s now looking much tidier both inside and out.

Steve prepared and primer painted the areas behind 55015’s buffers and the new inner jacking pocket doors.

I spent most of the day attending to a faulty driver’s safety device (deadman’s) system on D9009 that intermittently goes off when the loco is in engine only, which it shouldn’t. This then initiates an alarm call to the signaller on the GSM-R radio that you have to cancel very quickly. It found some dirty contacts below the master controller (power handle). I also cleaned all the others while the cover was off. It tested okay, but there’s nothing like real operational prove all really is okay! The photos show the contacts stripped down for cleaning and going through the sequence from off, through reverse to engine only and into forward.

Thanks to you all for your support.

Comments are closed.

Site by Losource